Oh Macaulay. Before he became a teen rebel who fell in with Harmony Korine, he was once a precocious prankster with a penchant for screaming while clutching his face in his hands. Home Alone follows the worst parents ever Kate & Peter McCallister (Catherine O’Hara & John Heard) as they set out for a Christmas family vacation with a strange sense that they’ve left something behind. It turns out to be their eight-year-old son Kevin (Culkin) who must fend for himself when two burglars (Joe Pesci & Daniel Stern) attempt to burgle his family home. All manner of violent booby-traps, gangster movie quotes and heartwarming Christmas moments ensue.
Why You Should See This Film
Written and produced by John Hughes, Home Alone remains one of the highest-grossing comedies of all time and is still a veritable holiday classic. Staple guns, superglue and slippery goo have rarely been used to such catastrophic, triumphant success. Besides, when else is it totally acceptable to publicly relive all of your childhood nostalgia other than Christmas? Join us for a brand new 4K restoration of this festive favourite.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1993
- Rating: PG
- Director: Chris Columbus
- Cast: Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Catherine O'Hara
- Duration: 103 minutes
- Language: English