Trysts, twists and missed connections. The Apartment is a cherished romantic comedy from indisputable legend of the genre, Billy Wilder (Some Like It Hot, The Seven Year Itch). Meet insurance clerk C.C. Baxter (Jack Lemmon), an ambitious young professional with his eyes on a promotion. In order to secure his upward mobility, Baxter allows senior executives to use his Upper West Side apartment to conduct their extramarital affairs. With his side-hustle in full swing, he soon falls for spirited elevator operator Fran (Shirley MacLaine), who in turn is having a dalliance with Baxter's immediate boss (Fred MacMurray).
Why You Should See This Film
To quote the film's original tagline: "There's never been anything like it love-wise, laugh-wise or otherwise-wise!" Featuring a swoon-worthy screenplay co-written by Wilder — filled to the brim with wittily flirtatious repartee — and a delectable lead performance from MacLaine, it's no surprise that The Apartment received five Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director & Best Original Screenplay.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1960
- Rating: PG
- Director: Billy Wilder
- Cast: Jack Lemmon, Fred MacMurray, Shirley Maclaine
- Duration: 125 minutes
- Language: English