Singin' in the Rain
Possibly the film that provokes the very least amount of ill will of any in the history of cinema. Co-directed by Stanley Donen and star Gene Kelly, Singin’ in the Rain is an unfailingly charming story of the thriving silent movie industry caught in the throes of talkie time. Kelly stars as cinematic heartthrob Don Lockwood, who’s keen to start speaking onscreen opposite his scene partner Lina Lamont (the very funny Jean Hagen). After the runaway success of a rival studio’s latest film, he decides to collaborate with ingenue Kathy (Debbie Reynolds) and best friend Cosmo (Donald O'Connor) to turn his latest picture The Dueling Cavalier into The Dancing Cavalier. Cue the unbridled hilarity, infectious songs, jaw-dropping set pieces and waterlogged dance numbers.
Why You Should See This Film
From the slapstick delight of O’Connor’s “Make ‘Em Laugh” sequence to the scintillating cameo from Cyd Charisse, Singin’ in the Rain contains far too many legendary scenes to count. Recently restored to its former glory, this is undoubtedly the brightest this beloved classic has ever glittered. Well-known for the unwavering dedication of its cast and crew, Debbie Reynolds would go on to remark many years later that making this movie and surviving childbirth were the two hardest things she’s ever had to do.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1952
- Rating: G
- Director: Stanley Donen & Gene Kelly
- Cast: Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds, Donald O'Connor, Jean Hagen, Cyd Charisse
- Duration: 103 minutes
- Language: English