While en route home to planet Earth, the passengers of the spaceship Nostromo detour to a passing planetoid in order to investigate a signal from a mysterious vessel. The terror begins when the crew (including Sigourney Weaver, Ian Holm and John Hurt) encounters a nest of eggs inside the alien ship and a deadly organism makes its way back onto the Nostromo. What happens next is an array of chest-bursting, nail-biting fun in this 1979 sci-fi horror from the mind of Ridley Scott.
Why You Should See This Film
Hugely influential upon its initial release and still inspiring countless knock-offs to this day, Alien remains a veritable classic of the sci-fi genre, elevating the form (and the thrills). Sigourney Weaver’s heroic portrayal of Ellen Ripley is matched in icon status only by the titular alien – designed in sickening detail by Academy Award-winning Swiss artist HR Giger.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed for sessions on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1979
- Rating: M
- Director: Ridley Scott
- Cast: Tom Skerritt, Sigourney Weaver, Veronica Cartwright
- Duration: 116 minutes
- Language: English