Is there anything better than this defining Hitchcock psychological thriller from 1958? James Stewart stars as John ‘Scottie’ Ferguson, a police detective forced to give up his job when a case leaves him with the awful double whammy of a fear of heights and a sensation of false movement that renders him easily disoriented. Asked to snoop on an acquaintance’s wife, Madeleine (Kim Novak), Scottie is pulled into a deep web of mystery. Madeleine however, believes she’s been reincarnated after being mesmerised by a portrait of a woman who greatly resembles her. But Madeleine's mad death-wish is at odds with the newfound passion been herself Scottie. When he powerlessly witnesses... no! Any more would be telling!
Why You Should See This Film
After fifty years at the top of the influential Sight & Sound critics’ poll, heavy-hitter Citizen Kane was finally surpassed by Hitchockian underdog Vertigo in 2012. As always, James Stewart turns the character of Scotty into the role of a lifetime, while the icy blonde Novak stuns as the enigmatic object of his obsession. With spellbinding opening titles from Saul Bass and a soaring score from Hitchcock veteran Bernard Herrmann, Vertigo is a one-of-a-kind thrill. See this dizzying Technicolor classic with us in all its digitally remastered glory or risk falling flat on your face!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1958
- Rating: PG
- Director: Alfred Hitchcock
- Cast: James Stewart, Kim Novak
- Duration: 128 minutes
- Language: English