To Catch a Thief
Cary Grant plays John Robie, a retired cat burglar whose talent was once so well-known that people called him 'The Cat'. When John gave up that gig he went respectable by buying a vineyard on the French Riviera. But when a new burglar starts lifting jewels off the local tourists, police suspect The Cat is up to his old tricks. On the run from the law, John reunites with some old criminal cronies and meets some new ones, determined to catch the new thief and prove his innocence all while experiencing a few fireworks with the sassy Frances (the ever-elegant Grace Kelly).
Why You Should See This Film
Cinematographer Robert Burks received an Academy Award for how he framed the stunning French Riviera (the film was also nominated for Art Direction and Edith Head's costume design). To Catch A Thief is a fun and glamorous classic, with snappy dialogue and terrific chemistry between the two leads. Hitchcock's camera loved both Cary Grant (Suspicion, Notorious, North by Northwest) and Grace Kelly (Dial M for Murder, Rear Window), yet this is the only film that features the two together.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1955
- Rating: G
- Director: Alfred Hitchcock
- Cast: Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, Brigitte Auber
- Duration: 107 minutes
- Language: English