The Talented Mr Ripley
Adapted from one of Patricia Highsmith's most famous novels, Matt Damon stars as the titular Mr Ripley, a struggling young man in 1950s New York. A low-level schemer, when Ripley is mistaken for a Princeton grad at a party by a wealthy older man named Herbert Greenleaf, he goes along with the story and agrees to travel to Italy to persuade Greenleaf's son — an actual Princeton grad named Dickie (Jude Law) — to return to America. When he gets there, the lies come thick and fast as he becomes embroiled in the lives of Dickie and his fiancée Marge (Gwyneth Paltrow) who both live a life he so desires.
Why You Should See This Film
A first-rate, sumptuously photographed modern thriller, The Talented Mr Ripley features fantastic performances by its stars and supporting players, including a young Cate Blanchett and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Universally praised and awarded upon its release, its tense and criminally stylish thrills have only improved with age.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1999
- Rating: M
- Director: Anthony Minghella
- Cast: Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, Matt Damon
- Duration: 139 minutes
- Language: English