One of Wes Anderson's earliest and most beloved films, Rushmore is the story of Max Fischer (Jason Schwartzman, in his break-out role). He's 15, wildly ambitious, and a scholarship student at the Rushmore Academy, a private school for boys. The captain of every extracurricular activity available, and also the captain of the ones that aren't, Max spends all his time doing anything but keeping up his grades. Embarrassed by his warm-hearted barber dad (Seymour Cassel), he forms an unlikely bond with Herman Blume (Bill Murray), the wealthy father of some of Max's least favourite classmates, who wants to help him realise his dreams. Unfortunately for Max, one of those dreams (Olivia Williams) is shared by the two of them.
Why You Should See This Film
Written with his longstanding collaborator Owen Wilson, this is one of Wes Anderson's finest screenplays – deadpan, hilarious and whipsmart. Beautifully styled and set to the kind of perfect soundtrack Anderson would come to be known for, the film shot Jason Schwartzman to stardom and was the beginning of a long filmmaking relationship with Wes (see also: The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic, The Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Moonrise Kingdom, The Grand Budapest Hotel…).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1998
- Rating: M
- Director: Wes Anderson
- Cast: Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman, Olivia Williams
- Duration: 93 minutes
- Language: English