On a train bound for Vienna, American tourist Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Parisian student Céline (Julie Delpy) lock eyes across the carriage. The two get to talking and, soon enough, are wandering the streets of the city discussing love, life, religion and the mating habits of monkeys and spiders. As the time for Jesse and Céline to return to their respective home countries approaches, the pair must make the most of their fleeting, magnetic attraction. Will they ever meet again?
Why You Should See This Film
This is where it all began. Linklater fans have followed Jesse and Céline’s love story for longer than it took the director to make Boyhood (2014), including across beloved sequels Before Sunset (2004) and Before Midnight (2013). Written in just eleven days and inspired by Linklater's own experience of a life-altering chance encounter, this film's screenplay is an unparalleled study of intellectual back-and-forth and blossoming romance.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed for sessions on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.