Best in Show
Centering around the annual Mayflower Kennel Dog Club Show, Best in Show jumps between various contestants and their pets, all a little unhinged and completely pooch obsessive. We see them before, during and after the show, getting the full surreal spectrum of their semi show biz lives. All the characters are memorably competitive — anxious yuppies (Parker Posey, Michael Hitchcock) fight in front of their neurotic Weimaraner; a bloodhound owner (Christopher Guest) has ventriloquist dreams; a trophy wife (Jennifer Coolidge) eyes off her poodle’s handler (Jane Lynch); two men in kimonos (John Michael Higgins, Michael McKean) pamper their pooches to the hilt; and a couple (Eugene Levy, Catherine O’Hara) keep running into the wife’s past lovers.
Why You Should See This Film
Not so much a mockumentary as a dogumentary, Best In Show is one of director Christopher Guest’s (This is Spinal Tap,Waiting For Guffman) most loved movies. One of our favourite comedies of all time, Best In Show was largely improvised by the cast, most of whom had worked with Guest before and continued on in his next film A Mighty Wind. Endlessly quotable, and utterly essential.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed for sessions on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.