It's 1973 in San Diego, California. William Miller (Patrick Fugit) is a fifteen-year-old busy defying his mother's (Frances McDormand) conservative plans for his future by chasing a career in rock journalism. When William's idol Lester Bangs (Philip Seymour Hoffman) commissions him to write a piece, he quickly falls in with the rock band Stillwater and their loyal fans, the Band Aids (led by Kate Hudson). Mistaken for a much older critic, William takes off on tour with Stillwater where he struggles with the usual teenage stuff: groupies, a worried mum and acid.
Why You Should See This Film
More than most films set in the world of '70s rock'n'roll, Almost Famous has an air of legitimacy thanks to writer/director Cameron Crowe mining his own heyday as a teen writer for Rolling Stone. Great cast? Tick. Excellent soundtrack? Tick. The ability to make you truly fall in love with Elton John's Tiny Dancer? TICK! It's little surprise that Crowe was awarded the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2000
- Rating: MA15+
- Director: Cameron Crowe
- Cast: Kate Hudson, Frances McDorman, Billy Crudup
- Duration: 122 minutes
- Language: English