10 Things I Hate About You
The things you do to get a date with a pretty girl, hey? Cameron (a fresh-faced Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a newbie at Padua High School and already smitten with Bianca, the most popular girl in school. Unfortunately, her overbearing father has imposed a strict rule on Bianca — she can only start dating once her riot grrrl sister Kat is dating someone as well. Knowing this, Cameron and geeky best friend Michael (David Krumholtz) plot to set Kat up with fellow outsider Patrick (Heath Ledger), paying him to get involved. Serenading on the soccer field and flirtatious paintball start to warm Kat to Pat, but will it be enough to get the two sisters and their dates to the prom?
Why You Should See This Film
The best teen films are all based on Shakespeare, amiright? This one is a modern adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew and contains several references to that and other Shakespeare works in the characters’ names and snappy lines of dialogue, for all those hardcore Bard fans out there. This was the film that launched our Home and Away heartthrob Heath into Hollywood’s awareness and had teenagers everywhere smitten with his greasy long hair and deep Australian accent. 10 Things I Hate About You also taught us that the coolest way to invite everyone at school to your party is to throw invitations down a stairwell while Air’s ‘Sexy Boy’ plays in the background. Duly noted!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes are not available to be used until we are back to full capacity.
- Member passes are still valid for discounts!
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.