James Woods plays Max Renn, the head of a Toronto television station always on the hunt for new sensationalist programs. One of his colleagues turns him onto Videodrome, a cult TV show depicting torture, murder and sadomasochistic sex and broadcast from a secret location. When Renn goes on a talk show to debate the morality of his network's programming, he meets psychiatrist and radio show host Nicki Brand (Deborah Harry). Max and Nicki start dating and become increasingly obsessed with Videodrome, which provokes them to become ever more unhinged.
Why You Should See This Film
Sexy, surreal, and seriously unhinged, Videodrome is simply one of Canadian horror mastermind David Cronenberg’s finest and most influential cinematic creations, and an absolute staple of the body horror canon. With groundbreaking special effects makeup by Academy Award-winner Rick Baker, and featuring one of Debbie Harry’s most memorable performances, this is essential viewing for any genre fan.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1983
- Rating: R18
- Director: David Cronenberg
- Cast: James Woods, Deborah Harry
- Duration: 87 minutes
- Language: English