Stop Making Sense
Arguably the greatest concert movie ever made, this beautifully restored version of award-winning director Jonathan Demme’s film captures the big-suited David Byrne and his jerky art-rock group Talking Heads at the height of their prowess in a visually inventive setting that continues to sear indelible images on the minds of all who see it. Joined on stage by an all-star line-up including keyboardist Bernie Worrell (Parliament/Funkadelic), Alex Weir (Brothers Johnson) and Lynn Mabry (Sly & The Family Stone) the group reinterpret Heads classics like Psycho Killer, Burning Down The House, Girlfriend Is Better and even a Tom Tom Club tune, shifting from stripped back acoustics renditions to highly percussive funk meltdowns.
Why You Should See This Film
Pure joy on screen, Stop Making Sense is endlessly rewatchable, and has lost none of its power over the decades. Come for all the songs you know and love, stay for Jonathan Demme’s faultless direction. Oh, and the incredible ‘80s outfits in the crowd. Simply infectious, brilliant, life-affirming cinema. And it scores bonus points for being shot in Technicolor.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1984
- Rating: G
- Director: Jonathan Demme
- Cast: David Byrne, Tina Weymouth, Chris Frantz, Jerry Harrison
- Duration: 100 minutes
- Language: English