It's time to revisit a wickedly sordid and snarky stocking stuffer from the cherished 'Pope of Trash', John Waters. When her parents refuse to gift her a pair of cha-cha heels for Christmas, spoiled schoolgirl Dawn Davenport (Divine) runs away from home and falls into a life of debauched delinquency. She gets pregnant while hitch-hiking, poses as a glamorous fashion model and becomes a seasoned criminal before her inevitable rendezvous with the long arm of the law. Co-starring Cookie Mueller, Mink Stole, and the legendary Edith Massey, this film is perhaps the most wonderfully vulgar coming-of-age tale put to celluloid.
Why You Should See This Film
Composed, filmed, edited, written, produced and directed by John Waters, Female Trouble practically glistens with the greasy fingerprints of its one-of-a-kind creator. Dedicated to Manson Family member Charles “Tex” Watson — his story reportedly inspired the film’s “crime is beauty” theme — and riffing on everything from Diane Arbus photography to United States capital punishment law, there’s not another movie like it. Bring your family, your friends and your wig for this special one-off screening.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1974
- Rating: R18
- Director: John Waters
- Cast: Divine, Cookie Mueller, Edith Massey, Mink Stole
- Duration: 89 minutes
- Language: English