Waiting for Guffman
Off-off-off-off-off-Broadway director Corky St. Clair (Christopher Guest) arrives in the small town of Blaine, Missouri, to stage a musical chronicling the town’s history in time for its 150th anniversary. Corky corrals a lovable cast of amateurish yet enthusiastic locals to help bring to life his production of Red, White and Blaine, including dentist Dr. Allan Pearl (Eugene Levy), travel agents Ron and Sheila Albertson (Fred Willard and Catherine O’Hara) and Dairy Queen hostess Libby Mae Brown (Parker Posey). When word spreads that esteemed New York talent scout Mort Guffman will be in the audience, Corky starts to believe all his Broadway dreams might just come true.
Why You Should See This Film
Is this the perfect comedy? We think so. Bringing together a dream team of improvisational talents, including co-writers Christopher Guest and Eugene Levy (along with his Schitts Creek co-star Catherine O’Hara), Waiting for Guffman sings with non-stop moments of comic genius. Shot in just 29 days, Guest’s debut feature was the first in a fruitful run of collaborations with this ensemble that included Best in Show, A Mighty Wind, For Your Consideration and more.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed for sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1996
- Rating: M
- Director: Christopher Guest
- Cast: Eugene Levy, Parker Posey, Catherine O'Hara, Christopher Guest, Fred Willard
- Duration: 84 minutes
- Language: English