Fantastic Mr. Fox
A sly father figure with a good-humoured but nevertheless illegal penchant for the ways of the underground; a maternal force who reluctantly accepts her partner's shortcomings because of his somewhat mystical charm; children with dry, almost adult senses of reasoning; Bill Murray and a soundtrack appropriated from the jukebox of a ’60s milkbar. Yes, a Wes Anderson film. But this one takes Roald Dahl's much-loved children's novel and spins it into a beautifully warm stop-motion form. Ex-con Mr Fox (George Clooney) aches for an above-ground life with his family – Mrs Fox (Meryl Streep) and son Ash (Jason Schwartzman) – and risks it all when opposed by meddling humans.
Why You Should See This Film
Roald Dahl’s renowned foxy opus was the first book Anderson’s mum ever bought him and his genuine passion for that story comes through in his lovingly hand-made production design. Keeping it in the family, the character of Kristoffersen Silverfox is played by Wes’s younger brother Eric Anderson, an illustrator who does a lot of the design work for his films. Lest you assume this film is too kid-friendly, we’ll gladly remind you that it was co-written by Life Aquatic collaborator and acerbic misanthrope Noah Baumbach.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2009
- Rating: PG
- Director: Wes Anderson
- Cast: Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman, Meryl Streep, George Clooney
- Duration: 87 minutes
- Language: English