A magical realist reimagining of Neverland set in the American South, Wendy is director Benh Zeitlin’s long-awaited follow-up to Beasts of the Southern Wild. Set on a mystical volcanic island where ageing and time have come unstuck, Zeitlin’s distinctly humanistic and naturalistic take on the beloved Peter Pan tale follows Wendy and Peter, two children from different worlds who fight to retain their freedom and joy as the imminent danger of growing up looms over them. Embracing eternal themes of childhood, Wendy is a gorgeous immersion into a world of wonder.
Why You Should See This Film
Straight from its Australian Premiere at the online edition of the Melbourne International Film Festival, we’re excited to bring you a rare opportunity to see Wendy on the big screen, the way it was intended. Beautifully shot and deeply immersive, Zeitlin’s reimagining of this well-worn tale is like no Peter Pan before it. Proving his knack for working with young actors demonstrated in Beasts was not a one-off, Zeitlin draws remarkable performances from Devin France and Yashua Mack as Wendy and Peter.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed for sessions on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.