Allison (Carrie Coon), her husband and two children lead a happy suburban life in 1980s New York. Her marriage with Rory (Jude Law) seems, on the surface, perfect. When Rory senses opportunity and moves the family back to his native England, cracks begin to form. Renting out a grand old manor, and enrolling the children in private school, Rory carefully crafts the outer appearance of success. Something doesn’t add up, and a sense of unease and suspicion begins to fester within Allison, threatening to disintegrate their marriage. As creepy as a horror film, with an intensely atmospheric score from Arcade Fire’s Richard Reed Parry, The Nest is a masterfully crafted anatomy of a relationship from director Sean Durkin (Martha Marcy May Marlene).
Why You Should See This Film
It's been a while between films for Sean Durkin, whose 2011 debut Martha Marcy May Marlene won serious critical acclaim at Sundance and Cannes. But The Nest greatly benefits from this long gestation — it has a deliciously novelistic quality of a fully formed vision, created without compromise. While Jude Law is perfectly cast as the Ripley-esque Rory, it’s Carrie Coon who really steals the screen here, delivering a completely captivating performance as Allison. Highly recommended!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: MA15+
- Director: Sean Durkin
- Cast: Jude Law, Carrie Coon
- Duration: 107 minutes
- Language: English