Cronenberg adds his unique spin on the classic 1958 creature feature The Fly in this beloved genre masterpiece. Jeff Goldblum delivers one of his best performances as the often shirtless, slightly crazed scientist Seth Brundle. After inventing a groundbreaking teleportation device, he invites investigative journalist Ronnie Quaife (Geena Davis) to document his creation, and the two begin a relationship. When Seth decides to test the teleporter out on himself, things go awry when he unwittingly lets a fly into the chamber. Once Seth begins exhibiting insect-like tendencies and super-human strength, he soon realises he is undergoing an all-consuming metamorphosis from Seth Brundle into... Brundlefly.
Why You Should See This Film
Winner of the Academy Award for Best Makeup and Hairstyling, The Fly frequently appears in lists of the best horror movies of all time, and is director David Cronenberg’s biggest box office success. A perfect fusion of tragic love story and mind-bending body horror, it remains an enduring classic.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1986
- Rating: R18
- Director: David Cronenberg
- Cast: Jeff Goldblum, Geena Davis
- Duration: 96 minutes
- Language: English