Based on the best-selling book by Jane Harper, The Dry is a riveting murder mystery from director Robert Connolly (Paper Planes). After decades away, Federal Agent Aaron Falk (Eric Bana) returns to his rural Victorian hometown to attend the funeral of his childhood friend Luke, who died under grisly circumstances. Suspected of having murdered his own wife and child before taking his own life, Luke’s mysterious passing is only one of many tragedies that have befallen the drought-stricken community in recent years. Falk agrees to stick around to investigate the crime, but is confronted by painful memories at every turn. With an all-star cast including Miranda Tapsell, John Polson, Genevieve O'Reilly, James Frecheville and Keir O'Donnell, The Dry is a thrilling outback noir that skilfully captures the desperation of left-behind rural communities.
Why You Should See This Film
The noir genre seems to suit the Australian outback, with films like Wake in Fright and more recent examples like Ivan Sen’s Mystery Road cementing our cultural fascination with macabre happenings out bush. The Dry is no exception, and delivers on Jane Harper’s rich source material to provide a deluge of dusty dramatic satisfaction.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: MA15+
- Director: Robert Connolly
- Cast: Eric Bana
- Duration: 117 minutes
- Language: English