The highs and lows of a close male friendship are put under the microscope in this award-winning US festival favourite. Mike (Michael Angelo Covino) knows he can cycle better than Kyle (Kyle Marvin). So he cunningly chooses a steep French mountainside as the ideal place to reveal he's slept with Kyle’s fiancée, as he pedals a safe distance in front. From this painful turning point in their relationship, we watch as the two hash out their complicated bromance over many years and various settings — from family Christmases, bachelor parties, chaotic weddings and more. Expertly shifting between slapstick comedy and precisely observed drama, The Climb is a frank and gorgeously cinematic comedy about a deeply co-dependent bond.
Why You Should See This Film
There’s hardly a prestige film festival out there that this film didn’t screen at. Seriously. Cannes, Toronto, Telluride, Sundance, SXSW, London — you name it, it played it. Adapted from his 2018 short film of the same name, director Michael Angelo Covino co-wrote and stars in the film alongside real-life best bud Kyle Marvin, and the film greatly benefits from the genuine spark they share.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2019
- Rating: M
- Director: Michael Angelo Covino
- Cast: Kyle Marvin, Michael Angelo Covino, Gayle Rankin
- Duration: 97 minutes
- Language: English, French with English subtitles