She Dies Tomorrow
Amy (Kate Lyn Sheil) is convinced she’s going to die tomorrow, and her fear is contagious. Talented American independent filmmaker Amy Seimetz (Sun Don’t Shine, The Girlfriend Experience) directs this evocative SXSW-selected modern horror, an anxiety-laden nightmare that bravely descends into the depths of paranoia. As Jane goes on an dizzying emotional spiral, her mortal peril becomes like a character unto itself, permeating throughout a balmy LA evening. With a sly sense of humour and a supremely cool supporting cast including Jane Adams, Michelle Rodriguez and TV on the Radio’s Tunde Adebimpe, She Dies Tomorrow is an exciting new genre work, and a perfect film for these paranoid times.
Why You Should See This Film
Choosing to shoot the film in her own house, and naming the lead character after herself, writer-director Amy Seimetz imbues every element of She Dies Tomorrow with fragments of her own life. Seimetz has spoken about how the film relates to her experience with anxiety, and it’s fascinating and refreshing to see that translated to the language of genre filmmaking. And it’s also just funny. A high recommendation from us.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed for sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: M
- Director: Amy Seimetz
- Cast: Kate Lyn Sheil, Jane Adams, Kentucker Audley, Tunde Adebimpe
- Duration: 84 minutes
- Language: English