Hotshot TV executive Frank Cross (Bill Murray) is a real narcissistic, cynical bastard when December rolls around each year. Having scorned his ex-lover and without a family of his own, Frank doesn't give two hoots about his overworked employees, going so far to fire a timid colleague (Bobcat Goldthwaite) on Christmas Eve. Put in charge of producing a live broadcast of A Christmas Carol the same day, Frank's intense grinchiness sets off a ghostly chain reaction as he's visited by three spirits in different guises — a tough cabbie (David Johansen), a pixie with a screw loose (Carol Kane) and a gruesome ghoul (John Forsythe) — who all make Frank come to terms with the grim consequences of not putting a little love in his heart.
Why You Should See This Film
From director Richard Donner (The Goonies), Scrooged updates Charles Dickens' classic tale of yuletide reckoning with an over-the-top acting showcase for Bill Murray. The actor is at his absolute best here, with a sleighful of memorable one-liners and some fool-proof advice on gift-giving. Are you a VHS or a towel?
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1988
- Rating: M
- Director: Richard Donner
- Cast: Bill Murray, Karen Allen, Carol Kane
- Duration: 101 minutes
- Language: English