Promising Young Woman
A daring, delightfully twisted black comedy from Emerald Fennell (Killing Eve show-runner and The Crown star), Promising Young Woman stars Carey Mulligan as a woman on a mission. A barista by day, Cassie (Mulligan) leads a double life by night. Seeking vengeance for a past trauma involving her college best friend Nina, Cassie spends her evenings at bars feigning black-out drunk and waiting for a “nice guy” to take advantage of her, before confronting him with a lesson he’s unlikely to forget. When a new flame emerges in the shape of former classmate Ryan (Bo Burnham, director of Eighth Grade), so too does the possibility of healing. But as memories flood back while the pair reminisce over their college days, it’s clear Cassie’s path to revenge is far from over.
Why You Should See This Film
Making it to a slew of best-of-2020 lists after garnering serious hype at Sundance, Promising Young Woman was one of the most talked-about films of the past year. And with good reason! Featuring one of Carey Mulligan’s best roles yet and produced by Hollywood firebrand Margot Robbie, it’s a stellar debut from Emerald Fennell.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: MA15+
- Director: Emerald Fennell
- Cast: Alison Brie, Carey Mulligan, Bo Burnham, Emerald Fennell
- Duration: 113 minutes
- Language: English