Utterly mind-bending and impeccably designed, writer-director Brandon Cronenberg (yes, son of David Cronenberg!) delivers a one-of-a-kind sci-fi creation with Possessor. Tasya Vos (Andrea Riseborough) is an elite corporate assassin, who uses unconventional methods to obliterate her targets. Possessing other people’s bodies using brain-implant technology, she slips unnoticed beneath their skin. When her enigmatic boss Girder (Jennifer Jason Leigh) assigns Tasya to inhabit the body of Colin Tate (Christopher Abbott), Tasya becomes so deeply entrenched in her host’s consciousness that she begins to lose her own sense of self. Surreal, nightmarish and compelling, Possessor is an ambitious high-concept take on ideas of autonomy and identity, with two superbly convincing lead performances from Andrea Riseborough and Christopher Abbott.
Why You Should See This Film
One of the most uniquely creepy and downright unsettling horror visions in recent memory, it’s exciting to see Brandon Cronenberg take up his father’s body-horror mantle with Possessor, and the casting of Jennifer Jason Leigh is a welcome nod to dad’s 1999 classic eXistenZ. Not for the faint of heart, we’ll be screening the uncut version in all its gory glory.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: R18
- Director: Brandon Cronenberg
- Cast: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Andrea Riseborough, Christopher Abbott
- Duration: 103 minutes
- Language: English