Only the Animals
The disappearance of a woman (Valeria Bruni Tedeschi) in the French highlands mysteriously links the lives of five people in a tangled web of intrigue in Dominik Moll’s chilly thriller. An isolated farmer (Damien Bonnard, Les Misérables), an unfaithful wife (Laure Calamy, Call My Agent), her lonely husband (Denis Ménochet, Inglorious Basterds), a young waitress (Nadia Tereszkiewicz) and an African cyber-scammer (Guy Roger N’Drin) all have something to do with it — but how? Expertly teasing out the pieces of the puzzle, Only the Animals has all the right ingredients of an immensely satisfying mystery, with excellent performances from its ensemble cast.
Why You Should See This Film
Since opening the Venice Days section of the 2019 Venice Film Festival, Only the Animals has gone on to receive rave reviews from critics, and it’s easy to see why. With echoes of Iñárritu’s Amores Perros with its criss-crossing storylines, and Fargo in its icy layers of character-driven mystery, Dominik Moll has managed to craft an intricate music box of a movie.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2019
- Rating: M
- Director: Dominik Moll
- Cast: Denis Ménochet, Damien Bonnard, Laure Calamy
- Duration: 116 minutes
- Language: French with English subtitles