Turn off Hollywood Boulevard and head down into Laurel Canyon, the woodsy haven that became home to a countercultural mecca of creative expression, free love and unforgettable music in the ‘60s and ‘70s. This comprehensive new documentary from award-winning director Alison Ellwood mines a wealth of rare footage, home movies and audio recordings to piece together an intimate portrait of the lives of the now-legendary artists who were lucky enough to live in the right place at the right time. Featuring appearances and music from the likes of Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Alice Cooper, Frank Zappa, Eagles, The Mamas and the Papas and many more, this is a nostalgia trip we highly recommend taking.
Why You Should See This Film
Co-produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment, this is a first-class production that offers a real visual and aural treat for fans of the era. Exploring the heady heights of creative bliss as well as the pitfalls of fame and success, Laurel Canyon is a Californian dream that conjures up a tangible sense of place. Cue the sound of guitar chords wafting over the trees on a sun-drenched afternoon.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: M
- Director: Alison Ellwood
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Language: English