Isle of Dogs
Mongrels and pooches and hounds, oh my! Wes Anderson returns to the curious pleasures of stop-motion animation with canine odyssey Isle of Dogs. In a dystopian future Japan, a deadly virus outbreak causes the entire dog population to be banished to the hellish Trash Island. A young boy (Koyu Rankin) goes in search of his missing pup (Liev Schreiber) and befriends the exiled community of canines in the process. What follows is a spirited adventure of political intrigue and puppy love, as the scrappy band of mutts seeks to overthrow the city’s authoritarian Mayor (Kunichi Nomura). This film is an exhilarating follow-up to the director’s equally delightful Fantastic Mr. Fox. Woof.
Why You Should See This Film
From Yoko Ono to Harvey Keitel, Greta Gerwig to Frances McDormand, Isle of Dogs features an extraordinary motley crew of voice actors. Between Bill Murray, F. Murray Abraham, Jeff Goldblum, Edward Norton and Tilda Swinton, the film is positively stuffed with legends taking a bite out of man’s best friend. Keep your eyes peeled for a mysteriously silent cameo from Wes Anderson veteran Anjelica Huston as “Mute Poodle”.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a 20-minute gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2018
- Rating: PG
- Director: Wes Anderson
- Cast: Tilda Swinton, Koyu Rankin, Bryan Cranston, Yoko Ono
- Duration: 105 minutes
- Language: English