Dress in your very best for a well-heeled psychological horror from the mind of virtuoso British director Peter Strickland (The Duke of Burgundy, Berberian Sound Studio). Recently separated from her husband, lonely bank teller Sheila Woodchapel (Marianne Jean-Baptiste) visits a bewitching London department store in search of some retail therapy. Immediately transfixed by a blood red gown on display, she’s soon convinced by enigmatic store clerk Miss Luckmoore (Fatma Mohamed) that it’s the dress of her dreams. But as the cursed garment begins to wreak malevolent havoc on her personal life, Sheila, her son Vince (Jaygann Ayeh) and his girlfriend Gwen (Gwendoline Christie) quickly realise that this particular frock is the stuff of nightmares.
Why You Should See This Film
Gleefully sadistic and filled with unforgettably over-the-top imagery, In Fabric harkens back to the retro Euro slashers and midnight movies of yore. Deeply stylish while also offering a withering critique of consumerist greed, it’s anchored by Strickland’s unassailable vision, saturated Giallo set-pieces and the lead performance of Oscar nominee Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Mike Leigh’s Secrets & Lies).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will guide you to your allocated seat at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes are not available to be used until we are back to full capacity.
- Member passes are still valid for discounts!
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2018
- Rating: MA15+
- Director: Peter Strickland
- Cast: Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Julian Barratt, Gwendoline Christie
- Duration: 118 minutes
- Language: English