Idiot Prayer: Nick Cave Alone at Alexandra Palace
Filmed in June 2020 just as London was emerging from lockdown, Idiot Prayer: Nick Cave Alone at Alexandra Palace sees Cave perform alone at a piano in gorgeously stripped-back form. The final film in a trilogy which began with 20,000 Days on Earth (2014) and One More Time With Feeling (2016), Idiot Prayer was conceived as a reaction to the confinement and isolation of the pandemic. Gorgeously shot by acclaimed cinematographer Robbie Ryan (Marriage Story, The Favourite), Cave’s soulful renditions are elevated against the atmospheric backdrop of Alexandra Palace’s cavernous West Hall. In one single, uninterrupted performance, Cave takes the audience on a sonic odyssey from early Bad Seeds and Grinderman tracks, all the way through to his most recent album, Ghosteen.
Why You Should See This Film
Originally intended as a one-time-only streaming event, Idiot Prayer received such a glowing response from critics and audiences that it was reimagined and extended for a cinema release, to our great fortune. It feels like a privilege to witness Cave in such an intimate and soulful mode, delivering beautifully sparse arrangements of favourites both new and old.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: M
- Director: Nick Cave
- Cast: Nick Cave
- Duration: 103 minutes
- Language: English