I Used to Go Here
A charming comedy from talented mumblecore filmmaker Kris Rey (Unexpected), the SXSW-selected I Used to Go Here stars Gillian Jacobs (Community, Love) as a thirty-something writer stuck in a major rut. When her fiancé calls off their engagement, and her publisher cancels her book tour, Kate Conklin (Jacobs) is suddenly at a loss in life. A call from her favourite old professor David Kirkpatrick (Jemaine Clement) brings much-needed distraction when she's asked to give a reading at her alma mater. Back on campus once again, she finds herself welcomed back into the fray of college life by the new generation of students, partying in her old dorm room, getting up to crazy antics, and desperately trying not to feel too old.
Why You Should See This Film
Gillian Jacobs nails this role. The part of an thirty-something woman feeling like she’s falling behind in life could easily feel clichéd, but thanks to a winning performance from Jacobs and spot-on writing from Kris Rey, the role of Kate feels incredibly lived-in and human. It’s a joy to head back to college with her for a while, and the young supporting cast deliver equally terrific turns as her new campus buds.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: M
- Director: Kris Rey
- Cast: Gillian Jacobs, Jemaine Clement
- Duration: 80 minutes
- Language: English