House of Cardin
Score an all-access glimpse into the extraordinary career of design genius Pierre Cardin in this entertaining and illuminating documentary. House of Cardin offers a rare peek at the man behind the iconic label, from his auspicious beginnings designing the costumes for Jean Cocteau’s Beauty and the Beast, all the way to the lofty heights of haute couture. Famous faces including Jean Paul Gaultier, Naomi Campbell, Sharon Stone, Dionne Warwick and Alice Cooper weigh in on Cardin’s legacy, painting a colourful portrait of a design maverick who took on everything from fashion to furniture, space suits to sports cars.
Why You Should See This Film
Is it possible to lead a more interesting life than Pierre Cardin? From helping to develop Dior’s New Look to designing suits for The Beatles, and decking out the likes of Brigitte Bardot and Jeanne Moreau, there is hardly a superstar that Cardin has failed to dress. 97 years old at the time of the documentary, his work ethic remains untarnished, never failing to turn up to the office each day.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed for sessions on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.