From queer film icon Clea DuVall (Girl, Interrupted, But I’m a Cheerleader and many more) comes a joyful new festive favourite with a star-studded cast. Abby (Kristen Stewart) is head-over-heels in love with girlfriend Harper (Mackenzie Davis), and is planning to propose in front of her family at Christmas. But there’s a catch. Harper’s family don’t know she’s gay, and they think Abby is just a friend. Featuring a slew of great comic performances from the likes of Mary Steenburgen as Harper’s overbearing mother, Dan Levy (Schitt’s Creek) as Abby’s gay BFF, alongside the always delightful Alison Brie and Aubrey Plaza, Happiest Season is a highly endearing charmer that captures Christmas in all its craziness: from the manic energy, the longing for acceptance, as well as the moments of joy along the way.
Why You Should See This Film
A queer holiday movie is cause for celebration in itself, but add in major studio funding, and an A-list cast, and Happiest Season is a special kind of achievement. Director Clea DuVall stated that “I love holiday movies, but I’ve never seen my own experience represented in one”, and the film shines with this genuine affection for the glossy, fantasy-filled Christmas classics you know and love, updated with a fresh perspective.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: M
- Director: Clea DuVall
- Cast: Kristen Stewart, Mackenzie Davis, Alison Brie, Aubrey Plaza, Daniel Levy, Mary Steenburgen, Victor Garber
- Duration: 102 minutes
- Language: English