Feels Good Man
What if the easygoing cartoon frog from your underground zine was co-opted into an alt-right hate symbol? Feels Good Man is the Sundance award-winning, stranger-than-fiction tale behind Pepe the Frog and his creator, artist Matt Furie. A wild journey into the dark depths of the internet, this highly absorbing and timely documentary details the bizarre chain of events that lead to Pepe entering the memesphere, never to return. Following Furie’s fight to reclaim Pepe from the likes of 4Chan, InfoWars and Donald Trump, Feels Good Man probes into the unique challenges creators face in maintaining control over their images in the online era.
Why You Should See This Film
Debut director Arthur Jones has created something pretty special with this film. It’s mind-blowing to witness how an innocuous, carefree cartoon frog can be twisted into a vehicle for hate, and you really feel for Matt Furie. A chilled-out cartoonist living with his young family in San Francisco, he is a well-meaning David to the dark, twisted Goliath of what his creation has come to represent. Featuring eye-popping animation and a slew of interesting interviewees, this is a real documentary treat.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: M
- Director: Arthur Jones
- Duration: 93 minutes
- Language: English