The formidable duo of Emma Stone and Emma Thompson breathe new life into Cruella in this wickedly fun reimagining of the famously fashionable villain. Set in 1970s London, Australian director Craig Gillespie (I, Tonya) injects a heady dose of punk rock into this origin story, which follows talented up-and-coming designer Estella (Emma Stone) as she transforms into the devil-may-care Cruella. When Estella lands her dream job in the hallowed halls of haute couturier Baroness von Hellman (Emma Thompson), she finds the two women have more backstory than she’d bargained on. A feud erupts — and there’s only room for one fashion icon in town.
Why You Should See This Film
With a show-stopping soundtrack full of ‘60s and ‘70s needle drops from the likes of Nina Simone, Nancy Sinatra, David Bowie and Blondie, opulent locations and lush costumes from two-time Academy Award winner Jenny Beavan, Cruella fires on all cylinders. Aided by reliably committed, enjoyably evil performances from both Emmas, it’s a playful revamp of the character best enjoyed with a cocktail in hand.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to welcome you to our cinema, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Masks are mandatory, but may be slipped off while consuming food or drink.
- Cinema doors will open 10 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2021
- Rating: PG
- Director: Craig Gillespie
- Cast: Emma Thompson, Emma Stone
- Duration: 134 minutes
- Language: English