Is there a classic more classic than Casablanca? American expat Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) owns a swanky gambling nightclub in Casablanca that's popular with numerous French, Italian and German servicemen and refugees who want to make it to America. One night in December 1941, a petty crook named Ugarte shows up planning to sell some priceless European 'letters of transit' after murdering a pair of German couriers to get them. Before he can offload them for money, the police turn up and so does Ilse (Ingrid Bergman) — of all the gin joints in all the world, they walk into Rick's. From there, romance, arrests, suspicions and bad memories abound, all while piano man Sam plays As Time Goes By.
Why You Should See This Film
File this one high (highest?) on your Must See list. Consistently ranked as one of the greatest films of all time, Casablanca is one of the most iconic films ever made. Full of great one-liners and knock-out performances by Bogart and Bergman (who reportedly despised each other off-camera), if you've never seen it before, let's just say we think it's the start of a beautiful friendship...
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes are not available to be used until we are back to full capacity.
- Member passes are still valid for discounts!
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 1942
- Rating: PG
- Director: Michael Curtiz
- Cast: Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Claude Rains
- Duration: 102 minutes
- Language: English