Young couple Zoe (Rose Matafeo) and Tim (Matthew Lewis) feel like all their friends are suddenly settling down and having kids, but Zoe finds the prospect of motherhood quietly terrifying. So when Zoe finds out she’s pregnant, the race is on to do all the wild things she can’t do once the baby arrives. Partying? Check. Bungee jumping? Check. Entering a world tree climbing championship? You bet. Tim, however, is more the responsible type, and tries to convince Zoe to pare back her reckless ways, leading to all kinds of tension in their relationship. Featuring a star-making turn from award-winning stand-up comic Matafeo, Baby Done is a heartfelt and humorous ode to staying true to oneself.
Why You Should See This Film
Executive produced by Kiwi film royalty Taika Waititi, and featuring all of the dry-as-a-bone humour and unapologetic emotion we’ve come to expect from films like The Breaker Upperers and Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Baby Done is another delightful addition to the recent winning streak of New Zealand comedies. Rose Matafeo is a revelation as Zoe, and totally steals every scene — it’s worth watching for her performance alone.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed on all sessions excluding special events.
- Please get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions or issues.
- Year: 2020
- Rating: M
- Director: Curtis Vowell
- Cast: Madeleine Sami, Emily Barclay, Rachel House, Rose Matafeo, Matthew Lewis
- Duration: 91 minutes
- Language: English