After 57 years in cryogenic stasis, lone survivor of the Nostromo and kick-ass superwoman Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) is discovered in her escape vessel. After being through total hell in Alien, scientists back on Earth have the nerve to discount her stories of life forms on planet LV-426 which has since been colonised. But when communication with the planet is cut off, Ripley and a team of mean, lean corporate marines (Bill Paxton, Jenette Goldstein and Lance Henriksen – who would all go on to star together in Near Dark) are sent back to find out why. There they find a scared little girl named Newt, a couple of revolting Facehuggers and something far, far worse than they could imagined.
Why You Should See This Film
One of the few sequels often considered better than its original, Aliens was this time written and directed by Titanic and Avatar helmer James Cameron. Under his guidance, it somehow manages to be both darker and more funny than the original – which was already brilliantly horrifying. We’re having palpitations just thinking about it. Get away from her, you...
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CINEMA COVID-19 REGULATIONS
We’re excited to be reopening our doors to you, and have put a number of protocols in place to ensure your safety.
- Limited seats are available to each session to allow for social distancing. Our lovely staff will seat you at the beginning of your session so please be on time and ready to show your ticket on your phone or printed out (phone preferred) so that we can admit you without contact.
- Cinema doors will open 15 minutes before your advertised session time so that you can be seated and use that time to get comfortable, sanitised and make a trip to the bar if you’d like (our cocktails are very good!).
- There is now (at least) a half-hour gap between sessions, so that our staff are able to do a deep clean of the cinema.
- Gift Passes can now be redeemed for sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.